Monday, March 14, 2011

Feb 2011 wasn’t too great. No real MTT highlights online, think the best result was 4th in the 16k for $1500.

We did have a trip to London for the Betfair live game. Played okish until I took a beat and then got too busy blind on blind. Was a decent social do though and enjoyed a funny night out with Bifta (a decent regular Ongame MTT player) and the Klup (a regular Ongame MTT fish :D .)

It was slightly embarrassing in the ME in London as everyone had name tags with their online names. I was sat next to some who’s online name was A.P.Mcoy. I can’t remember the exact details but I remember giving him a ton of stick online a few months ago for betting with air into a dry side pot on the bubble of a satellite.

He was clearly clueless and didn’t do anything to change my mind when we played live. He probably pays as much attention to peoples names online as he does to the game so don’t think he clocked who I was.


The one good thing about Feb was the preparations for the Ongame online GSOP festival running the first couple of weeks in March. At the time of writing the festival is almost over but I managed to pick up about $2.5k worth of tickets for a few hundred $.


Was showing a loss of about £800 for Feb but had all those tickets in the bank so not the end of the world.

I’ve got one more GSOP to play now. Next Sundays $500k mini final. To say I need a result is something of an understatement. I’ve played a lot of games in the past two weeks and took a serious hit on the bank roll having only minor cashed so far. Time after time I’ve got myself into a decent position to run deep only for it to fall apart with some ‘orrid beat on the bubble or just into the money. The worst of these was a bubble in one of the main events with KK vs QQ allin preflop for the chip lead.

It’s just variance in the bigger fields I know, but it still stings a little. Best result in the GSOP so far has been 12th in a 800+ runner field for just over $1k. I must be a couple of £k down in March. Just got to keep pluggin away and get that result. Bank roll is a touch on the low side now, but having said that it’s still twice what it was for most of last year.

Here’s the current sharkscope graph…. Yuk!


No comments: